We wholeheartedly believe that the products you put on your skin should be safe enough to eat. Our skincare is made from whole, real ingredients good enough to bake a cake with and we're here to show you how!
This Chocolate Orange Cake with Drizzle is gluten and dairy-free... and so delicious and moist!!! This recipe is perfect for any holiday, potluck, family gathering, or... tonight!
Original recipe from About to Sprout.
This recipe highlights these Miiko Skin Co ingredients:
- Honey (Windriver Farms, Metchosin BC) as enjoyed in our Honey Face Wash
- Extra-Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (Ostro Organics, Victoria BC) as enjoyed in our Honey Face Wash, Face Serums, Eye Care, Vanilla Citrus Body Oil, Orange Cocoa Whip, and Summer Zinc Cream 20%
- Extra-Virgin Orange Olive Oil (Evoolution, AB) as enjoyed in our Honey Face Wash, Vanilla Citrus Body Oil, and Orange Cocoa Whip
- Organic Cacao Powder & Organic Cocoa Butter (Harmonic Arts) as enjoyed in our Summer Zinc Cream 20% and Orange Cocoa Whip Body Butter.
- Sea Salt (Vancouver Island Salt Co, Oyster Bay BC) as enjoyed in our Rose Renewal
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Orange Cake with Drizzle
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (Vancouver Island Salt Co.)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey (Windriver Farms)
- 1/3 cup juice from 1 large orange
- zest from one large orange
- 1/2-3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate, chopped
For the Drizzle:
- Melted Homemade Chocolate (option to purchase vegan dark chocolate)
- 1/4 C - honey (Windriver Farms)
- 1/4 C - cocoa butter (Harmonic Arts)
- 1/4 C - cacao powder (Harmonic Arts)
- Add 1-3 tbsp coconut milk for consistency
- 1/2 C Orange Olive Oil (Evoolution)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease your cake pan with coconut oil. You can use any 8-inch cake or bundt pan or an 8×4 loaf pan!
- In a medium bowl, add all of your dry ingredients and whisk until all is incorporated.
- In another bowl, add all of your wet ingredients, except the chocolate and whisk until combined and a little frothy.
- Using a spatula, fold dry ingredients into your wet ingredients until all flours are incorporated.
- Then fold in your chopped chocolate or chips.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan and spread it out evenly with your spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until your tester comes out clean. I cook mine at 32 minutes every time I make it and its perfect, but it always depends on your oven!
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before removing and make your drizzle while cooling.
- In a saucepan, add your orange olive oil and heat until it reaches a very light simmer on low heat.
- Add your chocolate and let sit for 5-8 minutes without stirring on low heat.
- Once you notice your chocolate getting melty combine with a spatula and remove from heat so it doesn’t curdle.
- Pour your drizzle over your cake once completely cooled and removed from the pan.
- Eat while still warm or when drizzle hardens, both are delicious!