Delicious Sweet Potato & Avocado Brownies
We chose this recipe because enjoying desserts and treats is important and finding dessert recipes that can be shared with family and friends can be challenging. This recipe is not only delicious but Reboot friendly! Traditional brownies usually contain inflammatory ingredients including flour, processed sugar, and pasteurized hormone filled dairy. Brownies also spike your blood sugar which then spikes your cortisol (stress hormone) and insulin (fat storage) causing imbalanced hormones, weight gain, and mood issues. These brownies are full of healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants. They contain the perfect fudgy texture that will leave even the pickiest of eaters surprised when they find out what it is made out of.
Benefits of Avocado Brownies
Avocados are one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. They are loaded with a combination of critical fatty acids, antioxidant phytonutrients and essential amino acids making them one of the best anti-aging superfoods to consume. This amazing fruit is also very high in healthy oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat that helps increase fat metabolism. It is also rich in the powerful carotenoid antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin as well as Vitamin E (tocopherol).These antioxidants decrease oxidative stress and allow for a healthier cellular environment. Other critical components include ionic potassium and folate. These elements are alkaline forming in the body, helping to buffer acidic wastes that accumulate within the human tissue and bloodstream.
Sweet Potato & Avocado Brownie
Grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo- friendly, vegan, egg-free.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Bake Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter (almond, cashew, tahini, etc)
1 cup mashed avocado (about 1 avocado)
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato (peeled)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Grease a regular size loaf pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined.
- The batter will be very thick and sticky so with the back of a spoon- level out the batter across the pan as evenly as you can, edging it into the corners and smoothing the surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove and allow to cool to before slicing
Pro Tip: When I made these brownies my oven was broken so I cooked them in a cast iron pan on med-high heat for 30 minutes and then froze them overnight (don't ask because there was little reasoning behind the decisions... I had no oven and it was 9:30pm!) Anyways, they turned out like a frozen fudge cream dessert like the fudge from the ice cream cake we used to get from dairy queen! So if your feeling loopy and without an oven try this tip! xoxo Kimiko
Cocoa Coconut Drizzle (Optional)
- Melt 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix in 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add maple syrup or honey to desired sweetness
- Drizzle over brownie
- Add frozen raspberries to decorate