Many of your Rebooter's have been looking for SNACKS! Here is a simple gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free cracker to enjoy every single time! Angela Liddon, from the blog “Oh She Glows”, has a recipe that
I’ve used and these tasty snacks turn out perfectly every single time. Not only is it super quick to prepare (5 minutes!), it’s also very easy. Just try eating only one!
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pepita/pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt (I like Himalayan pink salt)
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp sweet onion, finely grated
- herbamare & kelp granules
- turmeric, to taste
- other spices that you enjoy
The chia seeds are the only ingredients that are essential. The 1.5 C of nuts/seeds can be your choice (just make sure they are cut small enough), plus the water. I would recommend salt or you’ll just end up with a bland cracker.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment. I don’t recommend a silicone mat as I’ve discovered the cracker sticks to it at the point in time where you need to flip them.
- In a bowl, mix the seeds together.
- Add the water and any other additional ingredients you’d like. Stir well and mix until it is thick and combined.
4. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet with the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula until it is less the ¼” thick. If it is too thick, you end up with a soggy spot in the cracker, and no one likes soggy crackers. Don’t worry if a couple of parts become too thin, you can just patch them up by moving the mixture into that spot (or getting some from the edge and putting it there).
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, slice it into crackers, and carefully flip them all over using a spatula or perhaps a flipper. Bake for another 30 minutes, watching closer after about the 25-minute mark. The bottoms will be lightly golden in colour. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool completely in the pan. Store these in a sealed container or a bag.
6. Share with friends and family! You’ll want to check your teeth out in the mirror afterward though, as some of the seeds do tend to stick in your teeth!