Collecting Personal Information
Certain information about your device, your interactions on the site, and necessary information to process your purchases is collected when visiting miikoskinco.com. Additional information may be collected if you contact us through customer support.
Personal Information about Your Device
- Personal Information collected: web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, products viewed, search terms, and Site engagement.
- Purpose of collection: to load the site accurately, perform analytics and optimize the site for better user experience.
- Source of collection: Automatically collected using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels when you access the website.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
Information about Your Order
- Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers , email address, and phone number).
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to fulfill your order request, to process payment, arrange for shipping, provide electronic invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you regarding your order, screen orders for potential risk of fraud. Also, provide you with information or advertising related to our products and services when it is in line with the privacy preferences you have shared with us.
- Source of collection: Submitted by you at the time of your online purchase.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
Information Collected for Customer Support
- Personal Information collected: name, email address, phone number, billing and shipping address, payment information.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support. For example, allergies to ingredients, product preferences, samples tried, and data collected through google forms (customer feedback surveys, and skin quizzes)
- Source of collection: Submitted by you
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shopify
Sharing Personal Information
Your Personal Information is shared with service providers to provide our services and fulfill our contract with you, as described above. We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- Shopify Ecommerce is an online platform that provides secure online retail transactions, provides shipping solutions, and other user friendly shopping tools such as mobile checkout.
- Read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- In a legal event, we may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Personal Information is used to provide advertisements or marketing communications tailored to your interests.
- Google Analytics - shows how customers use the Site. Read More about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Information about how you use the site, interact with ads, and product purchases is shared with our advertising partners (Facebook Ads and Google Ads including Youtube)
- For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
Your personal information is used to provide our products and services to you. This includes - product sales and offers, payment processing, shipping and fulfillment, and company announcements.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), your personal information is processed under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Some of your personal information is retained after you place an order through the Site such as product order, name, email, and shipping address. Credit Card information is not retained.
This information is stored for our records, not for marketing purposes. For information on how to erase this information please see the “Your Rights” section below.
Residents of the European Economic Area have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on the resident, or otherwise significantly affects them.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
Residents of the EEA have the right to access their Personal Information, port it to a new service, and request for their Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. To exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Personal Information will be processed in Ireland and then transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
Residents of California have the right to access their Personal Information (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), port it to a new service, and ask Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. To exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
To designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that is downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a website. The Site uses a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make browsing experiences better by allowing the website to remember specific actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
miikoskinco.com uses the following cookies to optimize customer experience.
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages.|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages.|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time a cookie remains on a computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you the user stops browsing. Persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted.
Most cookies used at miikoskinco.com are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded.
Users can control and manage cookies on their devices. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but users can choose to accept cookies through their browser controls. This menu is usually found in the browser’s “Tools'' or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify browser settings, or how to block, manage or filter cookies visit. www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Please note blocking cookies may not completely prevent how information is shared with third parties such as Facebook and Google (advertising partners).
To exercise your rights and/or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
There is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Our Site does not alter our data collection and usage practices when such a signal is detected from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://www.oipc.bc.ca/for-the-public/how-do-i-make-a-complaint/.