Currently, 380 million tonnes of plastics are produced each year, over half of which are single-use plastics. Around 9% of this plastic gets recycled, with less than 2% being effectively recycled. The rest is littered, landfilled, burned or shipped around the world for someone else to deal with. The sheer volume of waste being generated means even improved recycling is not a practical solution – even if plastic manufacturers would like us to think it is.
The only solution that we know works is to reduce the amount of plastic being produced, especially single-use plastic. Refill and reuse of containers and packaging is one of the easiest and most efficient ways to reduce the amount of plastic needed in the world. Making refill the norm can start at an individual level and then must be supported by the local business community, government infrastructure and eventually by big consumer goods companies.
Our refill sizes are a great option if you're an existing Foster customer, as they allow you to refill your current bottle up to 4 TIMES.
Here are 5 reasons to refill your skincare:
- It's cost-effective - Refilling your skincare products can help you save money in the long run, as you won't have to keep buying new bottles and jars.
- It's eco-friendly - Refilling reduces waste by reusing the same container, and helps reduce your carbon footprint.
- It's convenient - Refilling your skincare products means you won't have to keep running to the store to buy more, saving you time and hassle.
- It maintains product efficacy - Refilling your skincare products with the same formula ensures that you're getting the same benefits as the original product.
- It supports sustainable businesses (Like ours!) - Choosing to refill your skincare products supports sustainable businesses that prioritize eco-friendly practices and ingredients.
Here is how to do it:
To help you get the most out of your bulk products, here is our guide to refill at home like a pro:
SHAKE your refill bottles to mix ingredients before refilling your empty bottles. This is the most important step to ensure each of your refill has the correct ratio of ingredients.
Pour using the measuring device that is sanitized. Be sure to leave some space in each bottle for the lid to prevent overflowing.
Do not back pour.
Tightly screw on lid and store.
Store your bulk bottles in a cool, dark, dry place to preserve the ingredients.
- Return your refill bottles to our HQ or a partner to participate in our circular mission!