We put together a compilation of the resources that have helped us so far. We will do our best to update the information as time passes but please note the date this blog was published for your best frame of reference!
- Business Resources
- Mental Health
- Food & Drink
Complete COVID-19 Resource Hub from VIATEC
Includes federal, provincial and other direct links regarding:
- Business Support
- Personal Income Support
- Help for Individuals and Families
- Housing Support
Federal Government Support for Small Business: CFIB
Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is working hard for business owner rights in parliament.
Their COVID-19 Small Business Help Centre includes:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Free Templates
- Webinars for Small Business Owners Navigating COVID-19
- Government Relief
- Small Business Resources for Dealing with COVID-19
- COVID-19: How the federal government is supporting small business
Business Management: Articles for Employers
- Risk Management Guide for your Business During COVID-19 - BC Business Magazine
- The Employer’s Guide to Your Team’s Mental Health During COVID-19 - Family Sparks
- Preventing exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace: A guide for employers - WorkSafeBC
Mental Health Resources
Government of BC
Mental Health Articles: Family Sparks
- Our Guide to Coping with Coronavirus Anxiety
- 7 Ways to Create Joy During Isolation
- Maintaining Your Mental Health During COVID-19
- Tara Brach: Free Guided Meditations & Spiritual Talks
- Headspace: Meditation App (free trial)
- Insight Meditation
- Calm: Meditation App (free trial)
Host Virtual Games Nights
- Houseparty App: Play games and there is no time limit with multiple people.
- Zoom: video conferencing platform.
- Host a scavenger hunt with your friends by making a list of things they have to find in their house and race back to the screen for points.
- Kahoot: Host a trivia night
- Twitch: This is the best live streaming app platform for music because it has the best audio quality! We recommend following artists you like on Facebook and Instagram to get updates on when they're live-streaming.
- Zoom: Get a group together and dance to your favourite musician at home.
- Go outside for walks, runs, hikes, workouts! Keep a safe distance from people.
- Youtube: Yoga with Adriene
- Youtube: Fitness Blender (beginner to intermediate)
- Youtube: Heather Robertson FREE 12 week program (advanced)
- Local Victoria Studios offering online classes - Support local!
- Museum Tours
- Radio Lab: dispatch 1, dispatch 2, dispatch 3, space have been awesome! very informative, easy to listen to
- No Such Thing as a Fish: a handful of people get together and talk about facts that they've found out and the others add other information they've found about it and they all have a great sense of humor.
- Ologies: podcast focusing on a single topic through interview format with a hilarious host.
- COURSERA: Free online courses you can do for free on it- if you want to do an exam to have proof that you did the course you can pay a small fee, otherwise you can do the courses for your own knowledge/curiosity